By: ADAMU DABO
Pursuant to the need for the state government to start the governance business with full force, Kano State Governor Engr. Abba Kabir Yusuf has today presided over the swearing-in of 17 commissioners and members of the state executive council who were screened and confirmed by Kano State House of Assembly that was held at Africa house government house and assigned portfolios to the commissioners as follows while two commissioners were on pilgrimage and will take their oath upon returning from Hajj.
1. Comrade Aminu Abdulsalam Gwarzo, the deputy governor- Ministry for local governments.
2. Alh Baba Halilu Dantiye – Ministry of Information and Internal Affairs
3. Barrister Haruna Dederi – Commissioner of Justice and Attorney General.
4. Dr. Abubakar Labaran Yusuf – Health
5. Umar Haruna Doguwa – Education
6. Dr. Danjuma Mahmud – Agriculture and Natural Resource.
7. Musa Suleiman Shanono – Budget and Economic Planning.
8. Hajiya Ladidi Ibrahim Garko- Tourism and Culture.
9. Nasiru Sulen Garo – Environment
10. Sheikh Tijjani Auwal – Religious Affairs
11. Abbas Sani Abbas – Commerce
12. Engineer Muhammad Diggol – Transportation
13. Ali Haruna Makoda – Water Resources
14. Hajiya Aisha Lawan Saji – Ministry for Women, Children and the Disabled.
15. Tajuddeen Usman Zaura – Science, Technology and Innovations.
16. Dr. Yusuf Ibrahim Kofar Mata – Higher Education
17. Engineer Marwan Ahmad – Works and Housing
18. Hon. Adamu Aliyu Kibiya – Land and Physical Planning.
19. Hon., Hamza Safiyanu – Rural and Community Development.
The Governor tasked the commissioners to work hard and be just in their undertakings saying “I urge you to be guided by at all times by the seven tasted principles of public life that include; selflessness, integrity, objectivity, accountability, openness, honesty and leadership by example.
These principles encapsulated the core values of our administration that will provide one of the yardstick of evaluating the performance of all our cabinet members and indeed all our political appointees.” Emphasized the Governor.
Engr. Abba Kabir Yusuf said his administration will work with the council members to implement campaign promises as contained in the government’s blueprint and to respond to the yearnings and aspirations of people of Kano State adding that “an action plans have already been concluded that were drawn from the blueprint, transition committees and the manifestos of the New Nigeria Peoples Party (NNPP) that will be circulated to ministries”.
The Governor implored the commissioners to take the target placed on their respective ministry’s very serious and tasked them to alive to ttheir responsibilities to take the state to a greater height “I therefore called on you to wake up and buckle your belts as you join me in this important journey of repositioning our dear state and returning her to the path of prosperity and development, our people deserve the best and we must give them the best”.